For Sale in Guildford

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thursday 25 August 2011

Planning issues around Guildford

Chantry View Road Guildford.
It would seem that there's still pockets of possible building land scattered around Guildford 
if you're in the know...

On the face of it, I feel that this video represents a very sensible use of the old Quarry.
What do you think?

Do you know any spots around our area? would you like to like to comment on what's going on re planning. Have you got a story? Let's share our eyes and ears on this subject!

Make a short video, or send me some pictures of places you think would or would not be a good spot for a property around our town. Make comments on each others thoughts.

"Planners I feel, can sometimes be a little odd with their decisions." Why don't we put forward our opinions here and see what others think of our "odd" thoughts on the subject.

This may or may not be true.
"Some years ago this old stable was up for sale as a possible conversion project. I could have purchased it at the time, and so I asked the council planning department, "do you think I could get planning permission to convert the stables?". They said "No".

So how do you think I felt when I was told that someone from the council bought and converted it? This may not be true, but it did come from a friend working inside the council at the time. If you know the truth of the matter, and it turns out that my information is not correct, please let me know and I'll withdrew my comments.

Non the less I've been told: "It wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened..." I'm not trying to cast bad dispersions, but I'd just like to know if there any similar storeys going round. Or am I alone here?"

Make a comment and let us know.

A good buy-to-let investment? ( Beware the dreaded HMO - Planning required )
This video was posted on the 16 Oct 2008 and things have moved along a bit since then, especially in Guildford.

If you're going to get into Student letting, "and it can be lucrative" or any other kind of HMO ("Houses in multiple occupation") you will now be required to have planning permissions... 

Properties that are already in use as "HMO's" are I believe exempt from HMO planning permission

Call the local planning department before you get stuck in.

It's always wise to have all the latest information. http://www.guildford.gov.uk/planning

Or call the Guildford Council on: 
01483 505050 and ask for the planning department, or any other department / sort of quire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment